Telluride is nestled among the highest concentration of 14,000’ peaks in North America. The spectacular scenery is undeniably some of the most beautiful in the Rocky Mountains.The town of Telluride is situated in a box canyon with towering mountains on three sides. The town began as a mining settlement in the 1880’s. The ski area was built in the early 1970’s and the town quickly became a haven for skiers and snowboarders. Today, Telluride’s quaint shopping district and incredible skiing has made it America’s greatest ski town.High above the town of Telluride is another community called Mountain Village. Mountain Village is a modern community in the heart of the ski trail network. This community is the home to the destination’s newest hotels, shopping and restaurants. Many guests to the destination choose to stay in Mountain Village for its modern amenities and easy access to the slopes.
Telluride averages more than 300” of snow and 300 days of sunshine per year. The resort offers over 2000 skiable acres in some of the most beautiful scenery in North America. Best of all, Telluride’s massive size and 18 chair lifts means you’ll rarely see a lift a lift.
- 23% Beginner Terrain
- 36% Intermediate Terrain
- 41% Advanced Terrain
- 19 Number of Lifts
- 148 Skiable Runs
- 2000 skiable acres
- Top Elevation 4008m
- Vertical Drop 1349m
- Longest Run 7.4km
- Nearest Airport & Distance Telluride Regional Airport & 9km
Useful Telluride Facts
- Telluride is nestled among the highest concentration of 14,000’ peaks in North America. The spectacular scenery is undeniably some of the most beautiful in the Rocky Mountains.
- Telluride has the only free gondola public transportation system of its kind in North America. Connecting the historical town of Telluride with the resort town of Mountain Village, the gondola cost about $16 million to build in 1996.
- There are no chain restaurants or shops in Telluride. And we consider that to be a good thing!
- At 9,078 feet above sea level, the Telluride Regional Airport is the highest commercial airport in North America.