Marmot Basin is the ski area located near the town of Jasper, in Alberta, Canada. It is perfectly built for families of skiers and boarders with varied abilities, offering wide open groomers, steep chutes and wide open bowls for skiers and boarders of all skill levels. Marmot Basin’s facilities and services include 7 lifts, including the longest high speed quad chair in the Canadian Rockies, 3 on-mountain day lodges, a full-service Rental Shop, Snow Sports School, eateries, a nursery and retail shop.
Venture beyond crowded resorts to the authentic mountain town of Jasper. Retaining its timeless appeal by being unpretentious — an intimate community that originated as a railway town that just happens to be in the middle of some of the most gorgeous protected wilderness in the world. Jasper is the perfect base for all of your winter adventures, where wildlife is abundant and you’re sure to see plenty of four-legged locals such as elk, deer, wolves and lynx in their natural environment.
For an unforgettable ski experience in a remarkably beautiful Rocky Mountain setting, Marmot Basin and Jasper have no equal.
Top 5 Reasons to Visit Marmot Basin
- Fantastic Snow - Due to Latitude and Elevation our snow stays longer and is light and fluffy
- Breathtaking Scenery - Views of Jasper National Park while you ski
- Authentic Mountain Town - Leave the mountain at the end of the day and meet the locals in town
- Wildlife - Elk, Lynx, Bog Horn Sheep, Deer. Marmot Basin is unique among ski areas for wildlife viewing areas
- Diverse Terrain - Experience the whole mountain at any ability
Where is Jasper - Marmot Basin?
Jasper is in the province of Alberta, Canada and located in Jasper National Park. The nearest airport is Edmonton, approximately 400km away.Nearby resorts include Banff and Lake Louise.