About Whistler Canadian mountain resort Whistler Blackcomb is located in the Coast Mountains of British Columbia, just 125 kilometres north of Vancouver. Not only has this destination been named SKI Magazine’s No. 1 resort in North America for the fourth time in 5 years but Whistler Blackcomb was also the official alpine skiing venue for the 2010 Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games. The largest ski resort in North America with over 8,171 acres and one of the snowiest with 38.2 feet of powder annually. With its dual mountain offering connecting by the marvellous Peak2Peak Gondola, Whistler Blackcomb is a true skier and snowboarder’s dream come true. The huge, wide-open, and varied terrain of these mountains is ideal for skiers of all levels including families, children and those who are new to the sport.
Top 5 Reasons to Ski Whistler Blackcomb
- Most terrain: 8,171 acres (3,037 hectares) of skiable terrain - the most in North America
- Longest season: North America's longest ski season runs from November through July
- Lots of lifts: 37 lifts including advanced high-speed systems and the new PEAK 2 PEAK Gondola, the longest unsupported span (3.3km) for a lift of this kind in the world, connecting the two mountains of Whistler and Blackcomb
- Ski to the village: Whistler Blackcomb's runs reach right to the edges of Whistler's pedestrian village
- Winter playground: Abundant snow (on average 38.4 feet annually) and countless winter activities both on and off the slopes
Where is Whistler?
Whistler is in British Columbia, Canada just 2 hours from Vancouver. It's very easy to access with just one flight required from Sydney, Melbourne or Brisbane, directly to Vancouver from where you can take a frequent and comfortable shuttle to your accommodation in Whistler.Nearby resorts include Sun Peaks
and Big White.
Whistler Accommodation & Activities
After a day on the slopes the fun does not have to end because the resort offers a multitude of excellent restaurants, bars and of course excellent nightlife. A wide range of accommodation is available throughout the Whistler area, with three distinct base villages, namely Whistler, Blackcomb and Creekside. Most accommodation (as well as shops, restaurants and nightlife) can be found in Whistler Village including hotels such as Crystal Lodge, The Hilton Whistler Resort and Spa and the Whistler Peak Lodge. Blackcomb offers excellent ski in ski out access and Creekside is great for families wanting a quieter location with easy access to the lifts!Whistler is located just 2 hours from Vancouver, a major international gateway and a popular destination for a stopover on the way.