About Jasper - Marmot Basin
Top 5 Reasons to Visit Marmot Basin
- Fantastic Snow - Due to Latitude and Elevation our snow stays longer and is light and fluffy
- Breathtaking Scenery - Views of Jasper National Park while you ski
- Authentic Mountain Town - Leave the mountain at the end of the day and meet the locals in town
- Wildlife - Elk, Lynx, Bog Horn Sheep, Deer. Marmot Basin is unique among ski areas for wildlife viewing areas
- Diverse Terrain - Experience the whole mountain at any ability
Where is Jasper - Marmot Basin?Jasper is in the province of Alberta, Canada and located in Jasper National Park. The nearest airport is Edmonton, approximately 400km away. Nearby resorts include Banff and Lake Louise.
- 30% Beginner Terrain
- 30% Intermediate Terrain
- 40% Advanced Terrain
- 7 Number of Lifts
- 86 Skiable Runs
- Top Elevation 2612m
- Vertical Drop 914m
- Longest Run 5.6km
- Nearest Airport & Distance Edmonton - 413km
- Jasper is a great location and the best ski destination in Canada for viewing the northern lights (Aurora Borealis)
- The town and ski area are located within the UNESCO World Heritage listed Jasper National Park
Alpine Trail Map (Download JPEG)Marmot Basin offers diverse terrain and all mountain skiing for all levels. Ideal for young families and advanced skiers and riders alike, there is something for everyone at Marmot Basin.
Lobstick Lodge Canada
Lobstick Lodge welcomes you to the Canadian Rockies. Recently renovated and conveniently located in the town of Jasper, you will experience a serene atmosphere in a majestic mountain setting. We offer oversized accommodations in Jasper, expert service, and numerous activities right outside our door.
Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge Canada
Situated in Alberta’s magnificent Jasper National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, the iconic Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge resort invites you to experience our Great Canadian Lodge, surrounded by nature and abundant wildlife. Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge is a 700 acre year-round luxury mountain resort which wraps around the shores of pristine Lac Beauvert and Canada’s #1 Golf Resort Course.
Chateau Jasper Canada
The newly renovated Chateau Jasper is a cozy hotel with a variety of accommodations and facilities. This conveniently located hotel offers 119 fully air-conditioned guest rooms and suites, each furnished with mountain decor in mind. Other features include an indoor swimming pool, whirlpool, fitness centre, a variety of meeting rooms and the Silverwater Grill & Lounge.