Ski Travel CompanySki Travel Company
Forgot password?

Travel Support

Palisades Tahoe

Traveller’s Resources

Before departing, you can find information here to stay up to date on the latest details and recommendations for travelling to domestic and international destinations. Resources shown below are mainly for Australian residents. Travellers from other locations can use these as a guide to find the equivalent information from their country.

Your Holiday Contacts

When you book with Ski Travel Company, we send you a comprehensive itinerary which gives detailed information about every part of your holiday you’ve booked with us. Each item in your ski package includes contact details for the provider, who knows the most about your confirmed booking with them.

At any time, including during your trip, if you need assistance with any specific part of your ski holiday, you can directly contact the provider and they will know best how to accommodate you. There’s no need to contact a travel consultant, try to explain what you’re after, and then hope they can relay it correctly and get back to you.

We offer our great rates and Best Price Policy by letting you communicate directly with a provider’s customer service, if needed, and save paying for the extra go-betweens.

If you have not received a confirmation or have a problem making a booking, we’re here to help! Just email or give us a call at our Ski Travel Company contacts and we’ll sort it out.

Australian Ski Resorts National Park Entry Information

NSW National Parks and Wildlife requires all vehicles in the park to have an entry permit displayed on their vehicle. The daily rate per car for Winter 2018 is $33, for any number of passengers. Alternatively, an annual permit is $190. The annual pass is valid for 1 year from date of purchase and allows entry into all NSW National Parks. When traveling by bus the fee is per person and usually included in the fare.

Entry passes can be purchased from:
– The National Park Entrance Station en route to the resort
– Snowy Region Visitors Centre in Jindabyne
– National Parks Visitors Centre in Khancoban
– Selected retail outlets in the resorts

An Entry Fee is required for vehicles and coaches & taxi passengers entering the resort during the snow season. The pass can be pre-purchased online and you can drive straight through, meaning no more stopping and queuing at the resort entry points. Entry passes can no longer be purchased in retail outlets or at the gates. Please see for further information or contact us. Cars & 4WD vehicles are charged $39.50 per day, or Season passes are great value if you’re staying 9 days or longer.

Snow season Resort Entry can be purchased at selected retail outlets off mountain, or at Howmans Gap Resort Entry station located 4km down from Falls Creek. Outlets include Kiewa Valley Ski Hire, Bogong Ski Centre, Rocky Valley Ski Hire and Ray’s Ski Shop. Cars & 4WD vehicles are charged $35 per day or $300 for a season pass. It’s important to note that oversnow transfers are required to reach lodging from the car parking area.

SAn Entry Fee is required at the resort gate at the base of Mt Buller ($36 per car plus a per night parking fee of $8-16). Past the gate is a well-maintained road to the resort. As the resort Village is located above the snow line, only residents, property owners and mountain staff are allowed to drive into the village during winter. Most cars are required to stop at a car park located approximately 1.5km below the Village where an attendant will guide you to a parking spot. A 4WD taxi will transfer you and your luggage to your accommodation.

Travel Support

The Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) provides a comprehensive list of links to travellers info for all Ski Travel Company destination countries.

Their website is a great first stop to find information about a wide range of travel topics. These include Visa & Passport information, Travel Advisories, Country Fact Sheets, Embassies & Consulates contacts and more. Go to and select the country you’re interested in.

Phone: 1300 139 281 or +61 2 6261 1111

Phone: 1800 020 504 or +61 2 6272 3933

Provides info about passenger & baggage screening at airports for domestic and international travel. Details about what is prohibited and recommendations including travelling with sports equipment, children, laptops and medicines.
Phone: +61 2 6274 7111

If you need urgent consular assistance you can call the 24-hour Consular Emergency Centre, operated by the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade.
Phone: 1300 555 135 or +61 2 6261 3305.

Australian passport holders and other travellers planning to visit or transit through the US under the Visa Waiver Program must apply for entry via the Electronic System for Travel Authorisation (ESTA) website at least three days before arrival. Failure to do so can lead to denied boarding of a flight or denied entry to the US on arrival. There is a $US14 fee for ESTA visa applications.

Travel authorisations are valid for multiple trips within a two year period, or until your passport expires, whichever comes first. Before travelling, you should update your application details relating to your next trip on the website.

Beware that there are fake websites for the Visa Waiver program! The link shown below is the official US government site.
Electronic System for Travel Authorisation:

NEW RULES FOR VISITING CANADA: From March 15, 2016, visa-exempt foreign nationals who fly to or transit through Canada will need an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA). Exceptions include U.S. citizens and travellers with a valid visa. More details: