About VailUnder blue skies more than 300 days each year, Vail is an extraordinary mountain resort destination. The vacation experience is exceptional, from the awe-inspiring terrain and natural beauty of the surrounding Gore and Sawatch Ranges to world-class events, activities and festivals, shops and spas, and the abundant culinary options and luxurious accommodations that line the pedestrian-friendly streets of Vail Village and Lionshead. Vail is where outdoor pursuits meet village sophistication. Offering more than 5,200 acres of developed ski and snowboard terrain including seven legendary Back Bowls in winter, and flourishing with new summer activities after the debut of Epic Discovery this past summer, the options for year-round adventure are endless. Coupled with the vision inherent in the spirit of Vail’s founders, and a modern day commitment to excellence in all aspects of guest service and operations, Vail is a mountain resort like nothing on earth.
Why Ski Vail?
- Vail grooms more acres each night than many resorts total acreage (over 1,200 acres/night)
- Vail's expansive & diverse terrain affords access for all abilities from our groomed front side to our 7 back bowls
- Vail's vibrant village experience with movie theatre, ice skating, shopping, two Rock Resorts signature spas, and signature events such as Snow Daze
- Luxury hotel, condominium and chalet lodging accommodations
- Vail is conveniently located near two airports with the Eagle Regional Airport only 30 minutes away and Denver International only two hours away.
- 18% Beginner Terrain
- 29% Intermediate Terrain
- 53% Advanced Terrain
- 32 Number of Lifts
- 5289 skiable acres
- Top Elevation 3526m
- Vertical Drop 1052m
- Longest Run 6.4km
- Nearest Airport & Distance Eagle County (EGE) - 56km
Epic Pass for Vail
Ritz-Carlton Residence Vail United States
Situated at the base of Vail Mountain within walking distance of exceptional shopping, restaurants and the Eagle Bahn Gondola, The Ritz-Carlton Residences, Vail are a limited collection of 71 whole-ownership residences.
The Arrabelle at Vail Square United States
When you experience the Arrabelle, you will truly understand the lap of luxury. Opulent, yet inviting, no other hotel combines the same level of comfort with old-world, European charm that inspired Vail's timeless character.
The Lodge at Vail United States
Explore the first hotel ever built in Vail: The Lodge at Vail. Discover an intimate, alpine boutique hotel that evokes the charm, warmth and old-school allure of Europe’s finest chalets. Built in 1962, it remains the cornerstone of Vail Village, located just steps from Gondola One.