About VailUnder blue skies more than 300 days each year, Vail is an extraordinary mountain resort destination. The vacation experience is exceptional, from the awe-inspiring terrain and natural beauty of the surrounding Gore and Sawatch Ranges to world-class events, activities and festivals, shops and spas, and the abundant culinary options and luxurious accommodations that line the pedestrian-friendly streets of Vail Village and Lionshead. Vail is where outdoor pursuits meet village sophistication. Offering more than 5,200 acres of developed ski and snowboard terrain including seven legendary Back Bowls in winter, and flourishing with new summer activities after the debut of Epic Discovery this past summer, the options for year-round adventure are endless. Coupled with the vision inherent in the spirit of Vail’s founders, and a modern day commitment to excellence in all aspects of guest service and operations, Vail is a mountain resort like nothing on earth.
Why Ski Vail?
- Vail grooms more acres each night than many resorts total acreage (over 1,200 acres/night)
- Vail's expansive & diverse terrain affords access for all abilities from our groomed front side to our 7 back bowls
- Vail's vibrant village experience with movie theatre, ice skating, shopping, two Rock Resorts signature spas, and signature events such as Snow Daze
- Luxury hotel, condominium and chalet lodging accommodations
- Vail is conveniently located near two airports with the Eagle Regional Airport only 30 minutes away and Denver International only two hours away.
- 18% Beginner Terrain
- 29% Intermediate Terrain
- 53% Advanced Terrain
- 32 Number of Lifts
- 5289 skiable acres
- Top Elevation 3526m
- Vertical Drop 1052m
- Longest Run 6.4km
- Nearest Airport & Distance Eagle County (EGE) - 56km
Epic Pass for Vail
Suggested EPIC Pass options for Vail include:
EPIC Pass: the full EPIC pass which offers unlimited skiing at Vail, as well as all other Vail-owned resorts including Whistler, Park City and Heavenly. Purchase a 2018/19 EPIC Pass and it will include Perisher for 2019.
EPIC Local Pass: valid for a maximum of 10 days at Vail as well as unlimited skiing at other selected Vail owned resorts. Some holiday restrictions apply
EPIC 7 Day Pass: valid for 7 days with no holiday restrictions. Does not need to be consecutive. If you book before the cut-off date (end of August), this pass is usually better value than regular day to day lift tickets.
Regular Vail lift tickets are also valid at nearby Beaver Creek Mountain, only a 20 minute drive away. The Turtle Bus Vail/Beaver Creek Ski Shuttle runs daily and offers transportation to guests wishing to travel between Vail & Beaver Creek.