Why Ski Cardrona?
- The Chondola! A 'combined' express lift of 8-person gondola cabins & 6-seater chairs. Suitable for beginner through advanced riders as well as sightseers..
- Learners paradise –don't spend your first day stuck at the bottom of the slopes! No need to stress about hopping on and off the chair, take a ride in the new Chondola cabins to the top and experience an easy green run right back to base.
- Parks- The southern hemisphere's most extensive terrain park facilities with 2 halfpipes, an 800m Gravity X course, 4 distinct terrain parks and the 85+ ft Big Air
Why Ski Treble Cone?
- It's Big The South Island's largest ski area at 550ha and the longer vertical of 700m.
- Legendary Off-Piste Terrain –Challenge yourself in some of the most revered snowboard and ski terrain in New Zealand. Loaded with chutes, bowls and gullies, whatever your off-piste taste, you will find your snow fix at Treble Cone.
- Uncrowded Groomed Runs- Wide open space for you to master your turns
- 25% Beginner Terrain
- 40% Intermediate Terrain
- 35% Advanced Terrain
- 8 Number of Lifts
- 345 hectares skiable acres
- Top Elevation 1860m
- Vertical Drop 600m
- Longest Run 4km
- Nearest Airport & Distance Queenstown - 60km
What's New in 2020Cardrona and Treble Cone are now owned by the same parent company (Wayfare NZ), who have been successfully operating Cardrona for a number of years now. This is great news for all skiers and snowboarding, with the lift tickets now being valid at both mountains. So double the terrain, for the same price. Look out for more news soon about changes and developments at Treble Cone for 2020 and beyond!
Also, Cardrona are doing their bit for the environment:Cardrona will become the first major tourism operator in New Zealand to stop ordering single-use plastic bottles to sell in their food and beverage outlets – it's all over as of December 2019! This is what they have to say:
Most single-use plastic bottles (primarily used by large beverage corporations) are made from polyethylene terephthalate (PET). These bottles have a huge carbon footprint in both production and transportation, and large orders of PET bottles travel shrink-wrapped in even more single-use plastic. Our decision will eliminate more than 50,000 PET bottles from being produced, transported and sold on the mountain every year. We'll have alternatives to PET bottles available on the mountain that include fresh and carbonated water stations, aluminium cans, and glass. Aluminium cans are easy to recycle, and light to transport – especially when empty and crushed!
Cardrona Trail Map (Download PDF - 15MB)Cardrona offers terrain for all abilities with beginner skiing all over the mountain. It is also renowned for its world class terrain parks and pipes!
Skiing NZ during Covid uncertainty.
We are so thankful for the advice, support and effort Susan and her colleagues went to in order to make our holiday happen. Organising 2 adults and 3 young kids with flight changes and cancellations and covid zone transits is never an easy feat, yet Susan supported us the whole way. The accommodation Susan recommended was perfect and all our other holiday bookings went off without a hitch. We had an amazing holiday and are so thankful Susan helped make that happen. Thank you!!