About Shiga Kogen
Shiga Kogen is situated in the heart of the Johshinetsu Kogen National Park and is by far the largest ski resort in Japan, with 21 interlinked resorts all on one lift ticket! Shiga covers a huge area and offers a great diversity of natural terrain.
Shiga Kogen hosted a variety of events in the 1998 Winter Olympics including the women's downhill, slalom, the super giant slalom and both snowboarding events. Snow conditions and quality are superb and Shiga has one of the longest seasons in Japan.
Close by Shiga Kogen resort lies the world famous Jigokudani Wild Snow Monkey Park, which makes a great rest day activity for people of all ages.
Why Ski Shiga Kogen?
- Japan's largest interconnected ski area
- The high elevation (2305m) preserves snow, offering a long winter season
- Most accommodations are ski in ski out in Shiga Kogen
- The resort is not over-run with foreigners
- Closest resort to Jigokudani Snow Monkey Park