About Panorama Mountain
There’s simply nothing like it in the Rockies. Does a mountain have a personality? You bet it does. So what is it that really makes Panorama special? Variety? Views? Sure, but there’s another not so obvious but game changing factor that makes all the difference to your day on the mountain: The fall line. And Panorama has been blessed with perhaps the finest fall line in the country. You don’t want steep-flat-steep-flat runs. You want a consistent pitch. Mile 1 gives you confidence to explore. Champagne Express opens up the mountain. And the Summit is your gateway to inspiration and new challenges. Top to bottom, it’s the fall line that makes the mountain. With more than 2800 acres of terrain, it’s not until you reach the summit of Panorama that you fully realise the magnitude of what our mountain has to offer. At 1200 vertical metres, Panorama boasts one of the highest verticals in the region. Over 125 trails, 2 bowls and 2 terrain parks await fresh tracks every morning.
When you’ve had your fill of fun on the slopes, just ski to your door and relax. Everything is just a quick stroll away. The T-Bar Grill with your mates. Frosty glasses and tale telling. The oohs and aahs in Canada’s largest slopeside hotpools, right next to your ski-to-the-door digs. Interested in Nordic skiing? It’s down the lane. Care for a latte? It’s just down the sidewalk. Pizza? Head down the gondola. Life in at the resort is pretty sweet.
Panorama is also unique in that the resort offers daily heliskiing and snowmobiling right from the resort, giving guests an amazing experience of big mountains and deep snow.
One of the most appealing attributes of our mountain village is that it is, in fact, a village. Intentionally intimate, the resort embraces you. Easy and laid back – isn’t that what you want in a vacation? That’s what we like. Forget the daily drive. You’re here to relax. Lose the boots at your front closet and put your feet up, or dip them in a soothing hot pool. It’s all here, outside your door. Panorama has a range of ski-in / ski-out accommodations, situated slopeside in a resort that’s built for short walks.
Top 5 Reasons to Ski Panorama
- All lodging is ski in/ski out or slopeside
- One of the top vertical rises in North America with a wide variety of terrain
- Complete resort with all expected amenities within walking distance from accommodation
- Panorama Springs Pools – Canada’s largest slopeside hot pools
- Ability to heliski right from the village
Where is Panorama?Panorama is located in British Columbia, Canada approximately four hours from Calgary. Simply drive one of the world’s great mountain highways, through Banff and Kootenay National Parks. Panorama is also just 2 hours west of Banff just outside the town of Invermere-on-the-Lake. Nearby resorts include Banff and Kicking Horse.
Whats New & Noteworthy for Season 2020
- MONSTROUS TERRAIN & NEW ACCESS: Last winter, Panorama welcomed a 128-acre (52 hectare) expansion to Taynton Bowl, the resort’s off-piste backcountry style terrain. It was the first phase of a multi-stage terrain expansion, opening up a new alpine zone to skiers and riders. This year skiers were able to access the highest point of this terrain by a custom built, 13 passenger snowcat. The Monster X, is equipped with plush seating and a pumping sound system and offers a journey up that’s just as much fun as the descent that follows.
- SNOWLICIOUS: Panorama is renowned for its boutique alpine dining scene, and this year the resort kicked things up a notch with the addition of the first snowcat food truck in Canada. A professional kitchen installed on a Prinoth snow groomer, the Snowlicious Mobile Kitchen offers a casual alfresco experience right on the slopes.
- 20% Beginner Terrain
- 55% Intermediate Terrain
- 25% Advanced Terrain
- 10 Number of Lifts
- 125 Skiable Runs
- Top Elevation 2375
- Vertical Drop 1220
- Longest Run 5.5km
- Nearest Airport & Distance Calgary - 313km
Useful Panorama Facts
- Book by 31st August and save 50% on accommodation, lift tickets and transfers
- The Kicking Horse Day Trip is a great option if you are wanting to experience another resort on your Canada ski trip - an all inclusive transport and lift ticket package.