Thredbo boasts Australia’s most impressive snow mountain which provides a huge amount of snow terrain for all abilities and ages, a range of amazing lessons and programs to help you get your snow feet, tons of events and activities to enjoy, and a beautiful vibrant village right at the base of the mountain with a range accommodation, restaurants, bars, cafes and retail shops to entertain you when your off the mountain.What sets Thredbo apart from any other resort is that there are so many activities to do both on and off the mountain during winter. Whether its skiing or snowboarding, building a snowman, tobogganing, experiencing the best of the backcountry or joining in on the iconic flare run. Thredbo’s got something to keep everyone entertained.
About Thredbo Alpine Resort
- Home to Australia's first and only Gondola - The new Merritts Gondola, replacing the old 2 seater foot traffic only chair, will whisk skiers, snowboarders and sightseers up to the top of Merritts (Cruiser Area) quickly and in comfort. Check out the video below!
- Most Vertical Metres To Ski And Board In Australia - From Karels T-bar at 2,037 metres above sea level to the village at 1,365 above sea level - a vertical drop of 672 metres. Thredbo has close to 50% more vertical metres of skiing and boarding than the nearest competitor does.
- Thredbo's vibrant village is in the envy of other resorts - With everything located within a short walking distance it’s always brimming with action with a great range of lodges, bars, restaurants, cafes, and shops to cater to any taste. Whether you are shopping, bar hopping, dining or dancing, the village is where you need to be.
- One Of The Most Complete Children's Snow Facilities in Australia - Thredboland children’s skiing program for 3-6 years & Thredbo Freeriders for ages 7-14. The Kids love it and so do Mum and Dad. Childcare facilities for non-skiing children - 6 months to 6 years.
New in 2020
The exciting news for 2020 is the opening of the new Merritt's Gondola - replace the old 2 seat foot traffic only chairlift.
On mountain accommodation in Thredbo is plentiful, but very popular so we recommend booking early. Accommodation in Thredbo offers stunning mountain views, convenience and comfort for all guests. You can choose from lodges, hotels, on-snow chalets, luxurious apartments and self contained units. Everything is within easy walking distance or a quick free shuttle bus to the base of the mountain. Thredbo mountain is perfect for all ages and ability. Beginners will love the purpose built area designed to progress skills in a safe environment. Intermediates can enjoy Australia’s longest runs and the wide variety of terrain on offer. The Advanced will find endless on and off piste challenges, powder bowls and natural features.
Thredbo village is truly one of a kind. Located at the base of the mountain, everything you need is located within a short walking distance, offering a great range of lodges, bars, restaurants, cafes and shops. In the night time the village transforms into a vibrant alpine environment like no other with live music, action and stunning sights to enjoy with family and friends.
- 16% Beginner Terrain
- 67% Intermediate Terrain
- 17% Advanced Terrain
- 14 Number of Lifts
- 480 hectares skiable acres
- Top Elevation 2037m
- Vertical Drop 672m
- Longest Run 5.9km
- Nearest Airport & Distance Cooma-Snowy Mountains - 80km
Thredbo 2020 Covid-19 Policy & Information
On 28th May 2020, Thredbo announced they plan to open on 22 June for the 2020 season, which is fantastic news. They have released the following information about what is different about this season and how it will impact on your experience in terms of social distancing measures and government regulations;
- Limiting the number of skiers and snowboarders on the mountain each day by no more than 50% of our normal capacity at this point. All guests will need to pre-purchase day lift passes or multi-day passes prior to arrival via the Online Shop. Numbers will be capped at the maximum number of guests we are permitted to have skiing and snowboarding in the resort per day.
- Introducing lift line spacing to adhere to the 1.5m social distancing guidelines. It’s all about keeping it ‘tip to tail’ this season.
- Asking guests to socially distance on lifts with two per quad chair, two per gondola cabin and one per T-bar.
- Only offering private Snow Sport lessons. No group Snow Sport lessons or programs.
- Encouraging contactless payment across the resort.
- Adding clear signage and floor markers in all facilities to keep people 1.5m apart.
- Installing physical barriers for queues and counters.
- Limiting venue occupancy to align with the Government’s regulations.
- We are not planning any events that bring large groups of people together.
- We have closed our indoor facilities that bring groups of people together including the Thredbo Leisure Centre and Thredbo Childcare.
- We have installed sanitisation stations throughout the resort.
- Incorporating new procedures to effectively sanitise high use areas including chairlifts, gondola cabins and rental equipment.
- Further promoting best practice hygiene etiquette amongst staff and guests.
- Following stringent practises in cleaning all resort facilities.
- Asking guests and employees to stay home if they’re unwell.