New in 2020
Why Ski Thredbo?
- Most Vertical Metres To Ski And Board In Australia - From Karels T-bar at 2,037 metres above sea level to the village at 1,365 above sea level - a vertical drop of 672 metres. Thredbo has close to 50% more vertical metres of skiing and boarding than the nearest competitor does.
- The Longest Runs In Australia –5.9kms from top to bottom.
- Thredbo's vibrant village is in the envy of other resorts - With everything located within a short walking distance it’s always brimming with action with a great range of lodges, bars, restaurants, cafes, and shops to cater to any taste. Whether you are shopping, bar hopping, dining or dancing, the village is where you need to be.
- The Largest Capacity Snowmaking System In The Southern Hemisphere – When the snow Gods are not working, our snowmaking team are. The projected output is over 600,000 cubic metres of snow, this equates to covering around 60 average size football fields in one metre of snow, more than tripling the amount over pre-automated days.
- One Of The Most Complete Children's Snow Facilities in Australia - Thredboland children’s skiing program for 3-6 years & Thredbo Freeriders for ages 7-14. The Kids love it and so do Mum and Dad. Childcare facilities for non-skiing children - 6 months to 6 years.
- 16% Beginner Terrain
- 67% Intermediate Terrain
- 17% Advanced Terrain
- 14 Number of Lifts
- 480 hectares skiable acres
- Top Elevation 2037m
- Vertical Drop 672m
- Longest Run 5.9km
- Nearest Airport & Distance Cooma-Snowy Mountains - 80km
Where is Thredbo?Thredbo is in the NSW Snowy Mountains and is just 3 hours from Canberra and six hours from Sydney. It is also just 30 minutes from the town centre of Jindabyne which is a great option for alternative, cheaper accommodation.
Trail Map Map (Download PDF)From the beginner slopes of Friday Flat and the Cruiser to the double blacks of the Golf Course and Exhibition, Thredbo offers something for everyone - including the Supertrail - the longest run in Australia.
Village Map (Download PDF)Thredbo Village is a picturesque alpine village with great views across the valley of the ski area. A free village shuttle bus is available day and night for accessing the slopes, restaurants and car parking.
Opening Weekend 6-8 June 2020We’ll have a massive line-up of entertainment and excitement to welcome winter. Come celebrate the 2020 winter opening weekend with us!
Kosciusko Pale Ale Uni Week 19-26 July 2020It’s time to put down the textbooks and get LIT in Thredbo!Get ready for one amazing week of skiing, snowboarding and partying! Thredbo understands its tough times in saving money whilst studying so look out for specials just for uni students. No excuses to not get down here now.
Environmental Week 27-31 July 2020Environmental week is dedicated towards driving awareness to our guests, community and beyond about all of our environmental initiatives in place and what we can all be doing as a community to protect winter and Thredbo!On Monday the 27th of July come join us for a morning hike to Kozzie to make noise about our new renewable energy activities, followed by a night of drinks plus inspiring stories to celebrate our environmental initiatives.
Transfer Banked Slalom 14 August 2020The snowboarders day of days – The 7th Annual Transfer Banked Slalom is back August 16.The Transfer Banked Slalom embodies the very essence of snowboarding, with the event bringing together the snowboard community for a fun competitive day of racing – the old shredders showing the young guns old school race techniques while the fit and fearless fight for first place through the creatively crafted course.Consisting of berms, turns and jumps riders need to bring their A game to maneuver the technical but fun course to cross the finish line.Hot tip…wax that board and hold on.
Thredbo Alpine Hotel Australia
Blending harmoniously with the environment, the Thredbo Alpine Hotel serves up an attractive mix of cosmopolitan amenities and pristine beauty. From our Thredbo accommodation explore a unique mountain environment with events and activities to suit all ages.
Thredbo Alpine Apartments Australia
Thredbo Alpine Apartments boast one of the best locations in Thredbo – right in the heart of the village, just metres from the lifts and all resort facilities. The apartments are fully self contained offering great amenities and comfortable, convenient accommodation with great views.
Squatters Run Thredbo Australia
Squatter’s Run is an award winning development located at the village square. A variety of floor plans offer the ideal accommodation for your holiday plans. Choose from:Studio apartments 2 Bedroom apartments 1 Bedroom apartments 1 Bedroom plus loft apartments
Riverside Cabins Australia
These cosy cabins are ideal for couples or families & overlook the Thredbo River and Golf Course with views across the Crackenback Ridge. Located a short walk from the Village Square & Kosciuszko Express Chairlift with a shuttle bus stop located nearby in winter. Each cabin is fully self-contained and includes linen, a fully equipped kitchen, TV with most cabins having balconies.
River Inn Australia
The River Inn Resort is the only genuine Ski-In- Ski-out hotel resort accommodation in Thredbo. It is a family friendly property with direct access to Friday Flat and children’s ski school. Right from the door you can ski to Gunbarrel Chair Lift to access the whole mountain, or cruise down to the Friday Flat beginner’s area.
Kasees Apartments Australia
Kasees has the best value self-contained apartments in the heart of Thredbo and offers spectacular mountain and valley views. Kasees Apartments consists of seven 1 bedroom plus bed-sitting room apartments (six accommodate 2, 3 or 4 persons, one accommodates 5) and one studio apartment (for two persons).
House of Ullr Thredbo Australia
Located within 300 m of The New Merritts Gondola, House of Ullr in Thredbo offers a bar, as well as free WiFi. The property is close to several noted attractions, around 300 m from Snowgums Double Chair and around a 4-minute walk from Kosciusko Express Quad Chair. The property is 400 m from Ramshead Double Chair.
Candlelight Lodge Australia
A warm and friendly European atmosphere greets you on arrival to your accommodation at Candlelight Lodge in Thredbo. All lodge rooms have beautiful views of the mountain ski slopes. Most also have balconies. Because we are centrally located, you have easy access from your accommodation to all resort facilities for your Thredbo skiing or hiking holiday.
Alpenhorn Lodge Australia
Alpenhorn offers a friendly atmosphere and great value ski accommodation in Thredbo for which it is renowned. Alpenhorn Lodge is rated three and a half stars by AAA/NRMA. Renovated guest rooms and our friendly staff set the scene for an enjoyable, affordable holiday staying in the heart of Thredbo village.
- 5 Nights in a 3 Bedroom Six-Share Apartment
- 5 Nights with Kids for Free
- 5 Breakfasts and 2 dinners
- 5 Day Thredbo Lift Ticket with Kids Ski Free
- 5 nights in a family room
- 5 breakfasts and 2 dinners
- 5 Day Thredbo Lift Ticket
- 5 Nights in a 1 Bedroom/Bedsit - Quad Share