Thredbo boasts Australia’s most impressive snow mountain which provides a huge amount of snow terrain for all abilities and ages, a range of amazing lessons and programs to help you get your snow feet, tons of events and activities to enjoy, and a beautiful vibrant village right at the base of the mountain with a range accommodation, restaurants, bars, cafes and retail shops to entertain you when your off the mountain.What sets Thredbo apart from any other resort is that there are so many activities to do both on and off the mountain during winter. Whether its skiing or snowboarding, building a snowman, tobogganing, experiencing the best of the backcountry or joining in on the iconic flare run. Thredbo’s got something to keep everyone entertained.
About Thredbo Alpine Resort
- Home to Australia's first and only Gondola - The new Merritts Gondola, replacing the old 2 seater foot traffic only chair, will whisk skiers, snowboarders and sightseers up to the top of Merritts (Cruiser Area) quickly and in comfort. Check out the video below!
- Most Vertical Metres To Ski And Board In Australia - From Karels T-bar at 2,037 metres above sea level to the village at 1,365 above sea level - a vertical drop of 672 metres. Thredbo has close to 50% more vertical metres of skiing and boarding than the nearest competitor does.
- Thredbo's vibrant village is in the envy of other resorts - With everything located within a short walking distance it’s always brimming with action with a great range of lodges, bars, restaurants, cafes, and shops to cater to any taste. Whether you are shopping, bar hopping, dining or dancing, the village is where you need to be.
- One Of The Most Complete Children's Snow Facilities in Australia - Thredboland children’s skiing program for 3-6 years & Thredbo Freeriders for ages 7-14. The Kids love it and so do Mum and Dad. Childcare facilities for non-skiing children - 6 months to 6 years.
New in 2020
- 16% Beginner Terrain
- 67% Intermediate Terrain
- 17% Advanced Terrain
- 14 Number of Lifts
- 480 hectares skiable acres
- Top Elevation 2037m
- Vertical Drop 672m
- Longest Run 5.9km
- Nearest Airport & Distance Cooma-Snowy Mountains - 80km
Thredbo 2020 Covid-19 Policy & Information
- Limiting the number of skiers and snowboarders on the mountain each day by no more than 50% of our normal capacity at this point. All guests will need to pre-purchase day lift passes or multi-day passes prior to arrival via the Online Shop. Numbers will be capped at the maximum number of guests we are permitted to have skiing and snowboarding in the resort per day.
- Introducing lift line spacing to adhere to the 1.5m social distancing guidelines. It’s all about keeping it ‘tip to tail’ this season.
- Asking guests to socially distance on lifts with two per quad chair, two per gondola cabin and one per T-bar.
- Only offering private Snow Sport lessons. No group Snow Sport lessons or programs.
- Encouraging contactless payment across the resort.
- Adding clear signage and floor markers in all facilities to keep people 1.5m apart.
- Installing physical barriers for queues and counters.
- Limiting venue occupancy to align with the Government’s regulations.
- We are not planning any events that bring large groups of people together.
- We have closed our indoor facilities that bring groups of people together including the Thredbo Leisure Centre and Thredbo Childcare.
- We have installed sanitisation stations throughout the resort.
- Incorporating new procedures to effectively sanitise high use areas including chairlifts, gondola cabins and rental equipment.
- Further promoting best practice hygiene etiquette amongst staff and guests.
- Following stringent practises in cleaning all resort facilities.
- Asking guests and employees to stay home if they’re unwell.
Trail Map Map (Download PDF)From the beginner slopes of Friday Flat and the Cruiser to the double blacks of the Golf Course and Exhibition, Thredbo offers something for everyone - including the Supertrail - the longest run in Australia.
Village Map (Download PDF)Thredbo Village is a picturesque alpine village with great views across the valley of the ski area. A free village shuttle bus is available day and night for accessing the slopes, restaurants and car parking.
Environmental Week 27-31 July 2020Environmental week is dedicated towards driving awareness to our guests, community and beyond about all of our environmental initiatives in place and what we can all be doing as a community to protect winter and Thredbo!On Monday the 27th of July come join us for a morning hike to Kozzie to make noise about our new renewable energy activities, followed by a night of drinks plus inspiring stories to celebrate our environmental initiatives.
Transfer Banked Slalom 14 August 2020The snowboarders day of days – The 7th Annual Transfer Banked Slalom is back August 16.The Transfer Banked Slalom embodies the very essence of snowboarding, with the event bringing together the snowboard community for a fun competitive day of racing – the old shredders showing the young guns old school race techniques while the fit and fearless fight for first place through the creatively crafted course.Consisting of berms, turns and jumps riders need to bring their A game to maneuver the technical but fun course to cross the finish line.Hot tip…wax that board and hold on.
Thredbo Alpine Hotel Australia
Blending harmoniously with the environment, the Thredbo Alpine Hotel serves up an attractive mix of cosmopolitan amenities and pristine beauty. From our Thredbo accommodation explore a unique mountain environment with events and activities to suit all ages.
Thredbo Alpine Apartments Australia
Thredbo Alpine Apartments boast one of the best locations in Thredbo – right in the heart of the village, just metres from the lifts and all resort facilities. The apartments are fully self contained offering great amenities and comfortable, convenient accommodation with great views as well as on site parking.
Squatters Run Thredbo Australia
Squatter’s Run is an award winning development located at the village square. A variety of floor plans offer the ideal accommodation for your holiday plans. Choose from:Studio apartments 2 Bedroom apartments 1 Bedroom apartments 1 Bedroom plus loft apartments
Riverside Cabins Australia
These cosy cabins are ideal for couples or families & overlook the Thredbo River and Golf Course with views across the Crackenback Ridge. Located a short walk from the Village Square & Kosciuszko Express Chairlift with a shuttle bus stop located nearby in winter. Each cabin is fully self-contained and includes linen, a fully equipped kitchen, TV with most cabins having balconies.
River Inn Australia
The River Inn Resort is the only genuine Ski-In- Ski-out hotel resort accommodation in Thredbo. It is a family friendly property with direct access to Friday Flat and children’s ski school. Right from the door you can ski to Gunbarrel Chair Lift to access the whole mountain, or cruise down to the Friday Flat beginner’s area.
Kasees Apartments Australia
Kasees has the best value self-contained apartments in the heart of Thredbo and offers spectacular mountain and valley views. Kasees Apartments consists of seven 1 bedroom plus bed-sitting room apartments (six accommodate 2, 3 or 4 persons, one accommodates 5) and one studio apartment (for two persons).
House of Ullr Thredbo Australia
Located within 300 m of The New Merritts Gondola, House of Ullr in Thredbo offers a bar, as well as free WiFi. The property is close to several noted attractions, around 300 m from Snowgums Double Chair and around a 4-minute walk from Kosciusko Express Quad Chair. The property is 400 m from Ramshead Double Chair.
Candlelight Lodge Australia
A warm and friendly European atmosphere greets you on arrival to your accommodation at Candlelight Lodge in Thredbo. All lodge rooms have beautiful views of the mountain ski slopes. Most also have balconies. Because we are centrally located, you have easy access from your accommodation to all resort facilities for your Thredbo skiing or hiking holiday.
Alpenhorn Lodge Australia
Alpenhorn offers a friendly atmosphere and great value ski accommodation in Thredbo for which it is renowned. Alpenhorn Lodge is rated three and a half stars by AAA/NRMA. Renovated guest rooms and our friendly staff set the scene for an enjoyable, affordable holiday staying in the heart of Thredbo village.