Thredbo boasts Australia’s most impressive snow mountain which provides a huge amount of snow terrain for all abilities and ages, a range of amazing lessons and programs to help you get your snow feet, tons of events and activities to enjoy, and a beautiful vibrant village right at the base of the mountain with a range accommodation, restaurants, bars, cafes and retail shops to entertain you when your off the mountain.
What sets Thredbo apart from any other resort is that there are so many activities to do both on and off the mountain during winter. Whether its skiing or snowboarding, building a snowman, tobogganing, experiencing the best of the backcountry or joining in on the iconic flare run. Thredbo’s got something to keep everyone entertained.
On mountain accommodation in Thredbo is plentiful, but very popular so we recommend booking early. Accommodation in Thredbo offers stunning mountain views, convenience and comfort for all guests. You can choose from lodges, hotels, on-snow chalets, luxurious apartments and self contained units. Everything is within easy walking distance or a quick free shuttle bus to the base of the mountain.Thredbo mountain is perfect for all ages and ability. Beginners will love the purpose built area designed to progress skills in a safe environment. Intermediates can enjoy Australia’s longest runs and the wide variety of terrain on offer. The Advanced will find endless on and off piste challenges, powder bowls and natural features.
Thredbo village is truly one of a kind. Located at the base of the mountain, everything you need is located within a short walking distance, offering a great range of lodges, bars, restaurants, cafes and shops. In the night time the village transforms into a vibrant alpine environment like no other with live music, action and stunning sights to enjoy with family and friends.
Why Ski Thredbo?
- Most Vertical Metres To Ski And Board In Australia - From Karels T-bar at 2,037 metres above sea level to the village at 1,365 above sea level - a vertical drop of 672 metres. Thredbo has close to 50% more vertical metres of skiing and boarding than the nearest competitor does.
- The Longest Runs In Australia –5.9kms from top to bottom.
- Thredbo's vibrant village is in the envy of other resorts - With everything located within a short walking distance it’s always brimming with action with a great range of lodges, bars, restaurants, cafes, and shops to cater to any taste. Whether you are shopping, bar hopping, dining or dancing, the village is where you need to be.
- The Largest Capacity Snowmaking System In The Southern Hemisphere – When the snow Gods are not working, our snowmaking team are. The projected output is over 600,000 cubic metres of snow, this equates to covering around 60 average size football fields in one metre of snow, more than tripling the amount over pre-automated days.
- One Of The Most Complete Children's Snow Facilities in Australia - Thredboland children’s skiing program for 3-6 years & Thredbo Freeriders for ages 7-14. The Kids love it and so do Mum and Dad. Childcare facilities for non-skiing children - 6 months to 6 years.